Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Breakdown? Yes please.

So I KNEW that I'd have a breakdown at some point here. It's incredibly difficult for me to move to a new place. It's starting over so completely. I'm thankful to have friends like Rachelle and Mandy that will listen to me blubber for hours and point out where I'm lying to myself. Ah, it's just not easy and the fact that I am not enjoying my job makes it even more difficult. I need some extra-curriculars.

I'm also thankful to have good friends within a few hours radius of Corvallis. Alec visited on his way back from Alaska to Bend. We got amazing pizza from American Dream with Canadian Bacon, Smoked Gouda, Sun Dried Tomato, Artichoke, & Mushroom. (Probably another place you'll want to check out when you visit Rache). Now all I want to do is eat delicious food that is made for me. Speaking of that, his friend Margo has an amazing business called dinner at your door. She makes and delivers full dinners to people, in replacement of cooking a meal for yourself. Sometimes I wish I had genius ideas like this. But considering that I don't have anything besides the most basic understanding of food...

I did find a yummy recipe for slow roasted tomatoes this summer. It's quite simple; all you do is halve the tomatoes, sprinkle some fresh thyme, drizzle a teensy bit of olive oil and then bake at 200 degrees for about two hours. The result is super juicy and tastes to me like pizza.


Speaking of food again, I should probably get off my lazy butt and eat something. I did not sleep well this weekend and had a fever yesterday. Today I decided to stay home again and catch up on my thoughts about life. One thing that I'm going to make all attempts to do is let go and enjoy the moment. Life will fall into place and I need to stop planning so much.

Miss you friends <3

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too.
    I hope you are feeling better, my tasty treat.

    In other news - I SEE YOU IN 2ish weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails