Not a whole lot new has happened this week, I'm still very unsure of my job and am starting to look for another one. It's tough because I just got here and should give it some more time, but some things just aren't right. I will be fine if I end up having to slave at a desk for the next year. Besides all that I have been outside a BUNCH! Here are some photos for your enjoyment...
I do not like how I can't get blogger to let me edit sizes of my photos. The ones above are from Silver Falls State Park. It was beautiful, but too busy for me. It's right outside of Salem and apparently a very family friendly area. I just didn't want to be alone on a hike so that's where I went! The set below is from off of a road named Oak Creek probably 10 minutes tops from my house. I believe it's called the McDonald forest. Forestry is big at Oregon State (the college here) so we have a ton of well-maintained trails.
Today I went on a 6.8 mile hike at Iron Mountain with my friend Jackie and her boyfriend Terrance. It's a bit of a drive out of Corvallis into the mountains, but there are beautiful views. It was pretty cloudy today and my camera is on it's last leg, but hopefully you can see some of the views. The climb up to the Iron Mountain lookout was intense. I got super sweaty, but I think I prefer jumping into a huge climb. Although, climbing and not noticing that you're going up and up and up can be quite nice also : ) I'm hoping to go camping up there with my friend Sally and her faithful pup Moses this next weekend.
When you upload pictures, you can select small, medium or large - I have large as the default for mine, do you? Also, if I click on your pictures I can see them big-style.
ReplyDeleteAnd - I LOVE YOUR BLOGS WITH PICTURES.
Stunning, dude. Truly.