Monday, April 25, 2011

Live with Intention

I am one of those people with an out-of-control Google Reader, I enjoy learning through blogs. The differing lives and opinions of people in this world are fascinating.

One blog that has some good things to say, Becoming Minimalist posted about comparing yourself to others...

"Live as intentional as possible. Too many people live their lives without intentionality or thought. They rarely find a quiet moment to sit in meditation or solitude and examine their life – who they are and who they are becoming. As a result, lives are lived as a reaction to the events around them. But when a life is lived intentionally and thoughtfully, the comparison game becomes less attractive."

I am taking this little blurb slightly out of context, I like what it has to say outside of the point of the post- which is talking about comparing yourself to others and what a drag that can be.

Live with intention. My yoga teachers talk about intention every class. We went over what setting an intention really means in our Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga class, based on the famous Deepak Chopra book. Set an intention for your practice, it makes sense to set an intention for your life also.

Mmm can't wait for quiet-thinking time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails