
Wow, so work is overtaking my life and I haven't made a quality blog post in forever! Apologies! I enjoy blogging and am craving more work-life balance (although I do love my job right now) so you should hopefully be hearing more from me, especially as summer activities start gearing up!
So a few weeks (or month...I'm really horrible at updating apparently!) ago my lovely partner in crime took me for a little airplane adventure. He works for an engineering company that deals with airports so more than a few people at the company enjoy airplanes, flying, etc. T has flown in the past and acts as a safety pilot when his co-worker needs to log hours.

We went up in this little 4 seater. I had never been in a tiny plane, and the thought of them makes me nervous. I even get nervous in giant commercial airplanes (although some of that is just general travel anxiety). When T invited me to come along, at first, I told him that I had yoga and couldn't come along.
Then I realized that was stupid. How often do you get to take an afternoon plane ride?!
We cruised around over Corvallis, Albany, and Lebanon. We landed in Albany and Lebanon before making it back to Corvallis. They were practicing approaches and doing different flight patterns "under the hood", which means that you're just using the instruments to get where you need to go. For the most part, I got to keep quiet and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I decided that I do not like headsets, although I appreciate that they make it much quieter. You have to speak loudly and clearly for them to work, which are two things I don't do very often. Mumbling is my thing.

More adventures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment