Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yoga Heaven

Holy crap friends, yoga and I have been out of sync for way too long. Last night I finally found I class I enjoyed in Corvallis. It’s only been 5 months. I started going to yoga at the gym I joined when I first moved here, but there was something missing. See, I’m used to Shannon and she was yoga to the extreme. Lots of meditation, pranayama (breathing), and the traditional sun salutations and a few other sets of movements. She always gave you something to think about and you didn’t always agree with her, but I liked it. Then there was Carrie, she taught a very traditional yoga class. She was extremely giving and donated some classes for my afterschool program. I had little yoga community that I very much enjoyed. Anyways, the gym yoga just wasn’t yoga enough. I hate to be judgmental about yoga, seems counterintuitive? I just had to keep searching though. I tried Bikram (hot yoga) and it stretched me out good, but was a little too regimented. The teachers barked out orders and there was clapping involved. Now, I would probably return to Bikram at some point but felt the need to keep searching. The Yoga Center here is run on a schedule, so you sign up for a set of dates. I couldn’t seem to remember to sign up at the right times. Then I discovered Live Well Studio. It just opened a few weeks ago and is run similar to the studio that I went to in Colorado. You buy a punch card and can use that to attend any class your heart desires. Plus they have an online scheduler so you can sign up for classes in advance and see how many you have left on your punch card. There are so many options to choose from, I’m in yoga heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails