Friday, June 4, 2010

Whew.

I started this blog the other day and was too emotionally overloaded to even think about finishing it, let alone add all the stuff that's been flying through my mind. Friday was an emotional roller coaster. It started in the morning at school, cleaning out my office. I had Margi sign my time sheets and we both ended up incredibly teary-eyed over the fact that this is truly the end. For me, because I'm moving to Oregon and for her because she's retiring. Then I had Parks & Rec duty, and then back to school duty for a farewell staff party. When I started this blog I was feeling really down and more than slightly hormonal, but looking back at the way things ended makes me feel a little bit warm and fuzzy. The prinicpals called us up in front of the whole staff, congratulated us on our service, and gave us each chamber bucks. I spent mine already on a book about hikes around Steamboat. I felt appreciation and thanks from all sides. Overall, it made me feel great about what I do, although it has been a tough few years. Sometimes I just felt so useless, roaming around with nothing to do. But those downtimes running into kids, eating lunch, or chatting in the computer lab were some of the most valuable. Ah, I guess I somewhat have found my calling in life. We'll see how this next year goes with writing grants and not being with kids all the time. I think it could be good for my sanity, but I'm not sure...

Elsewhere, I've been daydreaming a bunch about how my life would be if just a few things were different. If I were less afraid. If I had done well in college. If I were more fit. If I only had money or... It keeps spiraling in my mind and I know it's not healthy. I've worked in a counseling office for the past year helping adolescents with these issues, geeezzzz Katie...you know this isn't okay because you're trained in this crap! Ugh, these are some of the reasons why my self esteem lies somewhere in the gutter most of the time. I feel like I need to do something big and really challenge myself. I do want to be more fit, but it is hard for me to find the time to work out, mostly because I work every day of the week. I do have faith that I can do it though. I want to start running and making sure I hike at least a few miles on the weekends before work. When I can manage to convince my friends, I'll go rock climbing. I'm trying desperately to build a home practice with yoga. I have the experience and skills, I just need to get myself out of bed.


Oh my, oh my. Lots of changes are coming my way and causing my face to break out! Time to get out of this library and head back home on the bicycle. Pic is below, I'm kinda in love with it. I do want to get some neon green handlebar tape to add to it's wonderfulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails