Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Parents Visit!

My parents came out to Oregon at the beginning of July (my computer is broken, which is why I'm so slow in posting these days) and their visit was SO much fun! It was both of their first visits to Oregon and I'm glad they were able to arrive during a sunny spell. We've had a looong spring this year, we've had summer weather for maybe the last week or so.

They flew in to Portland and we decided to do Portland stuff for the day/night. We headed right to my favorite spot- Powell's Books. This place is amazing and filled with so many good finds. My dad picked up a set of golf collectible books and I added to the nerdiness of my book collection (more Dark Tower!). We ate at Henry's Tavern, which is like an upscale sports bar. They have outdoor seating, ice around the bar to keep your beer cold, and some killer gorgonzola fries.




My mom got to experience some extreme tweakers on the Maxx. I also have not seen people this messed up in public in a long time and that freaked me out- you never know what they are going to do. We completely tired ourselves out from walking around and crashed fairly early. The next day we headed down the coast to Canon Beach and then met up with Travis in Pacific City.
Of course, my mom found as many wine stores as possible.

Pacific City was incredibly relaxing. We sat out on our porch for hours, just watching the people come and go from the beach.


We ate at Pelican Pub, which has great food and is also a craft brewery. I even got to eat the again for breakfast and had a spicy Bloody Mary to go along with my crab cake eggs benedict. I'm lucky that I don't go out to breakfast more often, I'm so completely addicted to hollandaise sauce. So Pacific City is a great place because it doesn't have too many things to do. Basically, there are a few hotels, a couple stores and restaurants, and the BEACH! I enjoy not being to overstimulated on vacation and I really liked exploring the oceanfront.



After the coast, we headed back to Corvallis where my parents stayed at a cottage on the Willamette. The place was incredibly serene. I looked at some houses down the way that were for sale, but they were a little out of my price range. Guess ya gotta pay to have river access!



All in all, it was a really fun week. I've been so lucky to have so many people from home come to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails